Saturday, May 19, 2012

We're Baaaaaaa-aaaaaack!

It would appear I've had myself a bit of a blogging break. (As opposed to disappearing for several months, not blogging at all and then returning to post like I was only sharing yesterday!) I didn't deliberately take a break, I just kept posting our family's craziness on Facebook (they make great status updates!) and then figured there wasn't much point blogging the same story. And plastering my newest blog post all over my Facebook wall and making my friends read it all. Again.

But I'm back. For real this time! I'm even seeking some assistance to pretty up the blog a little. And I'll be posting a little more regularly than before- which given my previous rate was once every month or so, shouldn't be too difficult!

And the reason for the revival is because we're planning to pack up the family and relocate to Africa!!!
And really, what part of taking 6 kids to the travel doctor for multiple injections each while the others run amok in the waiting room with the giant stuffed tiger (it's fake, don't worry!) in the play area with a big sign that says "Please climb all over me" doesn't sound like great blog fodder? (Actually the sign says "Do not climb on me,  I bite!" but given it's in the play area of a doctor's surgery and it's a tiger, you could write "Fiddledy di do, yada yada POO!" on the sign and it would STILL read "Please climb all over me!" wouldn't it?!)

And surely a flight of 14 hours followed by another flight of 4 or 5 hours with a stop over in Dubai sounds like buckets of fun and giggles, right? (especially for our fellow passengers. I'll be sure to post our flight details well in advance so anyone else travelling from Australia to Dubai to Entebbe can avoid booking onto the same flight. We're considerate like that!)

Not to mention the first time our travels catch up with our tummies. I mean, who DOESN'T want to read about 6 kids and 2 adults with a stomach bug/traveller's diarrhea? Photos for THAT post, for sure!

So since we have so much fun and laughter and rainbows coming up, and plenty of preparations between now and then, I thought it was time to revive the blog.
Minor housekeeping : we've updated our eldest's name to Bah! He was a little uncomfortable being referred to as Tubby, even though it was based on what his younger brother called him and has nothing to do with body size and shape. He's asked, instead, that we refer to him by what his littlest brother calls him - Bah! Which is kinda cute, since Bah! was also one of, er, Bah!'s first words!!

I'll finish with a family snap and be back soon (not 5 months!) with a new post!


1 comment:

AJ said...

Good Luck on your adventures! Looking forward to reading about it!